SHOOTING & COVID-19 – UPDATE
We hope that you are all staying well and safe at this very strange time and whilst we have had a false start, we feel that shooting can recommence at Southdown but only on the following restricted basis.
SAFETY is absolute paramount during the pandemic and whilst we would like to give you the opportunity to start shooting again, we must be sure to get the balance right and not jeopardise all the good work that the country as a whole has achieved, so it is essential that before we restart, that we have a plan that makes sure that everybody is SAFE.
We will not be able to provide shooting as we have done in the past where you can just rock up and get on the range. Although you will be able to still enjoy your shooting there will be a few rules in place, the main one being that you will now need to think ahead and book in advance to be assured of the time slot that you want, it will not be possible to just turn up on spec as the club house will not be open.
We are going to be trailing an opening this weekend, being open Saturday only, if this proves to be successful, we hope to open Saturday 30th May and Sunday 31st May. Then hopefully back to normal opening times if it all is working well and the demand is there.
The basics are that you will need to pre book by emailing email@example.com, giving the following detail:
- day preference
- AM/PM preference
- Tel No
- who would like to shoot with (max two per group)
We will call you back for payment, squads to go out every 10 minutes, shoot stands in rotation, no queue jumping (Please)
Shooting at Southdown
- Please do not attend the ground if you feel unwell in anyway or are displaying the symptoms of the Coronavirus. Stay home and isolate in accordance with Govt guidelines
- Please bring your own PPE that should include gloves and a facemask if you are using one, plus normal eye and ear protection
- You must pre book and pre pay – do not turn up without a booking (at present by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Max group size is two
- Please arrive no more than 15 mins before your time slot
- On arrival the reception staff will be have your claymate card pre-loaded, members can have their card loaded with credits
- Please bring your own refreshments as there will be none available at the ground
- There will be no score cards available
- The 2 Meter social distance rule is in place and must be adhered to at all times
- Hand sanitisers are available to be used around the ground.
- All release buttons on the ground will be disinfected throughout the day by ground staff
- In addition, you will be given a small plastic bag to place over the buttons when using, that can be used on the different stands and discarded at the end of the round, this will help us reduce the risk of infection through touch
- All disciplines are TWO shooters only, on the sporting range you must start on stand one and shoot the stands in order, you must not jump ahead of another squad, if the squad before you is not finished please maintain a safe distance minimum 2 meters from the other squad and wait your turn.
- The main toilets will be open and be equipped with hand wash and hand sanitisers, they will be cleaned during the day
- No Coaching will be available
- The range will be monitored by ground staff to ensure all guidelines are being upheld and assist you where necessary
- When you have finished please do not hand about, please leave at the earliest opportunity